Thank you for your interest in the AAUW Las Cruces Branch!
Join us today for an exciting opportunity to make new friends, learn, be inspired, and support our mission! We are part of a larger state and national organization with a long history of affecting change on the issues women care about: education, civil rights, equity in the workplace, reproductive rights, and gender discrimination.
Our Vision is Simple
We bring people together for the common goal of breaking through educational and economic barriers for women and girls.
Advancing equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy, and research.
New Member Meet Up
Thursday, April 5th, HAPPY HOUR! at the Pecan Grill & Brewery, 500 S. Telshor
5:00 – 6:00 PM
RSVP to Kay Williams: kwilliams48 (at) msn.com by 4/4/18
We look forward to learning more about you & sharing “all things AAUW” w/ you as well.
Making an Impact for Women and Girls
AAUW is a community that breaks through educational and economic barriers so that all women have a fair chance. Your membership makes AAUW’s powerful voice even stronger on critical issues affecting women and girls.
In principle and in practice, AAUW values and seeks a diverse membership. There shall be no barriers to full participation in this organization on the basis of gender, race, creed, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or class.
To Apply For Membership
Your membership will be effective immediately and extend through the current membership year to June 30, 2018. Please print, complete, and mail the membership application form.
Click HERE to view the mail-in flyer and join!
Branch Member Dues
Annual dues are $97, which includes $59 to the national organization, $18 to the state organization, and $20 to our local Branch.
Membership Dues Increase
The AAUW Board of Directors voted in June 2017 to enact the first dues change in almost a decade. Effective March 16, 2018, national dues will increase from $49 to $59. Please visit the national website for more information, aauw.org.
A one-year membership includes membership in the Las Cruces AAUW Branch, New Mexico AAUW, and National AAUW. Members receive the following electronic publications: AAUW Outlook from our national association, and the Organ Mountain Views. Branch members are entitled to vote, hold office, and participate in all branch interest groups and activities.
As a member of our branch, you will have opportunities to:
- Participate in various events, activities, and interest groups, and develop friendships with interesting, diverse and informed members;
- Make a difference in the lives of others in local groups by volunteering in one or more of the organization’s community service opportunities;
- Participate in our fundraising activities that earn money for local school programs and scholarships for women and girls to continue their education;
- Help plan and support AAUW’s public policy and political advocacy agenda; and
- Belong to a community that supports your personal and professional growth.
We are actively accepting new members. Membership is open to women and men who hold an associate’s degree, or equivalent, or baccalaureate degree from accredited colleges or universities.
National dues increase of $10 —- total yearly dues are now $97. There are 3 ways to renew:
- Bring dues payment to April or May AAUW member meeting
- Mail dues payment to: AAUW Las Cruces, P.O. Box 1081, LC, NM 88004
- Go to aauw.org, click “Membership,” then click “Renew National Membership,” AND “Renew Branch Membership”
Note: If it’s your first time to log into your AAUW online account, you will need your member ID # (which is inside the front cover of your yearbook) to set up your account. Once logged in, you may update your contact information and renew your membership. Contact Marsha Hokkanen or Kay Williams if you do not have your member ID #.
AAUW Las Cruces, Inc.
PO Box 1081
Las Cruces, NM 88004